Air Canada was once again named the best airline in North America by Skytrax. Delta finished as the highest ranked US airline on the list. No airline from North American cracked the top 25 places in the Skytrax rankings.
- Consumer aviation website Skytrax recently released their ranking of the best airlines in the world.
- Asian and European airlines dominate the top of the rankings.
- Airlines for North America once again struggled in the Skytrax rankings.
- No airline from North America cracked the top 25 while no US airline managed to crack the top 35.
- For the second year in a row, Air Canada was named the best airline in North America by Skytrax.
- Delta finished as the highest ranked US airline.
Consumer aviation website Skytrax has released updated rankings of the best airlines in the world. For 2018, airlines from Asia and Europe such as Singapore, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, and Lufthansa once again dominate the upper echelons of the list.
Airlines from those two continents have taken the top spot every year since 2001.
Unfortunately, North American airlines once against struggled to keep up with the pack. In fact, no airline from the US, Canada, and Mexico managed to crack the top 25.
The highest ranked North American airline doesn't appear on the list until Air Canada in 30th place.
"We are very pleased that Air Canada has again been recognized as the Best Airline in North America by the highly respected Skytrax World Airline Awards," Air Canada CEO Calin Rovinescu said in a statement. "This is the seventh time in nine years Air Canada has been honored with this award, demonstrating our successful transformation into a leading global carrier."
No US airline cracked the top 35. Delta got the closest with a 37th place finish.
In fact, major players like United Airlines and Aeromexico both missed out on a top 10 finish in the Skytrax rankings for the best airlines in North America.
The Skytrax rankings are based on the impressions of 20.36 million travelers from more than 100 different countries. The unpaid survey, which covered more than 335 airlines, measured 49 parameters ranging from boarding procedures to seat comfort to the quality of service.
Here are the 10 best airlines in North America, according to the results of the Skytrax survey:
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Source: Pluse ng